|An in silico platform for selection of peptides with neuroprotective functions||Alexandra Nascimento, Jose Leite, Peter Eaton, Camila Portugal, Augusto Neto|
|iLoF - Intelligent Lab on Fiber||Joana Paiva, Luís Valente, Paula Sampaio, Mehak Mumtaz|
|IMPAVID - Intelligent Microfabricated PAtches able to recruit stem cells and control reperfusion injury process for in VIvo myocarDial implantation||Claudia Giachino, Caterina Cristallini, Pasquale Pagliaro|
|MENWALK – Patient-specific Artificial MENiscus Wedge-shaped Implants for restoring the biomechanicAL function of the Knee||Ibrahim Fatih Cengiz, João Costa, Joana Silva-Correia, Joaquim Miguel Oliveira, Rui L. Reis|
|ProRECOV: Gene therapy using active Profilin-1 to promote functional RECOVery afther spinal cord injuryProRECOV: Gene therapy using active Profilin-1 to promote functional RECOVery afther spinal cord injury||Mónica M. Sousa, Hugo Prazeres|
|SPIM||Cláudia Azevedo, Andreia Almeida, Maria Helena Macedo|
What is it?
The objectives of the 1st Discoveries Entrepreneurship Prize are to:
- keyboard_arrow_right cultivate an entrepreneurial culture in the field of Regenerative and Precision Medicine;
- keyboard_arrow_right select innovative business ideas, in the field of Regenerative and Precision Medicine, around which the creation of new innovation-intensive companies with potential for growth and commercial viability are envisaged;
- keyboard_arrow_right support the realisation of high potential business ideas.
Who is it for?
Persons admitted to the competition must be 18 years or over, of any nationality, competing individually or in a team up to 5 (five) individuals.
Business ideas submitted by companies or other organisations already legally established shall not be admitted to the competition.
The business ideas must be included in one of the research fields of the Discoveries Centre for Regenerative and Precision Medicine:
- keyboard_arrow_right stem cells;
- keyboard_arrow_right regenerative medicine;
- keyboard_arrow_right advanced therapies; nanomedicine,
- keyboard_arrow_right tissue engineering and disease models;
- keyboard_arrow_right systems biology and lab-on-a-chip;
- keyboard_arrow_right and pre-clinical and translational research.
Each promoter or team of promoters shall submit only one business idea to the competition.
Applications must be submitted by 23.59 hours (included) on 5th September 2019, using the online application form available at:
The following documents are part of the application process:
- keyboard_arrow_right application form, duly completed;
- keyboard_arrow_right curriculum vitae.
The Jury shall evaluate the competing business ideas, taking into account the following criteria:
- keyboard_arrow_right Novelty | Innovation, Creativity and the possibility of generating intellectual property and its protection
- keyboard_arrow_right Business opportunity | Suitability of the idea to a need or problem in the market
- keyboard_arrow_right Market Potential | Market size, strategy presented to access the potential market and potential for growth
- keyboard_arrow_right Team | Quality of the team (experience and areas of competence)
The Discoveries Centre for Regenerative and Precision Medicine will be offering 3 prizes at the competition, for First, Second and Third place winners.
The 1st Discoveries Entrepreneurship Prize will award monetary prizes in a total amount of 10.000 Euros.
This information does not exempt the consultation of the Terms & Conditions.
For more information, please contact: